Custom Search
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
I am a graduate of the Sauder School of Business at UBC. Upon entering this program, I had no clue what I wanted to do beyond completing it with flying colours. Four and a half years, one marketing specialization, one student exchange to Mexico, and three co-op terms later, I have come no closer to figuring it all out. Although I am a realist in knowing that business and money make the world go round, I am an equal idealist in loathing everything about that notion. So it is at this crossroad of life known as post-secondary graduation where I stand uncertainly poised to fight the banal and predictable life-path of a commerce graduate.

Monday, June 1, 2009

Mini tour de France

Although I had said I would be biking with a friend, it turned out that he couldn't in the end because he needed the money (that he would have used to rent a bike) to see his sister get married in a few weeks. Probably a good thing in the end considering he wouldn't have been able to keep up with a biking superstar such as myself (and I would have been completely exhausted trying to talk French ALL day).

The day started off relatively well (relatively being the key word). I had a hostel breakfast companion who gave me a real 'rise and shine' kick start to my day. Translated conversation:

French Congolese man: So where are you from, how long are you traveling for, blah blah blah

Annie: Oui Oui hon hon blah blah

French Congolese man: So do you have a boyfriend?

Annie: YES!

French Congolese man: oh ya what does he do (he sounds skeptical that the boyfriend exists)

Annie: Oh he's in the Army back home.

French Congolese man: Well your very charming and pretty, would you like to have a bit of fun (aka have sexual relations) with me while you're here?

Annie: um did you hear anything I just said??!!

After that lovely breakfast, I was off for a day long bike ride to see all les chateaux! It was a beautiful day, beautiful french countryside, and at the end one very sore backside:( Is it normal that one butt cheek hurts more than the other??? The whole sightseeing by bike idea is absolutely fantastic though. I got lost more times than I could count but I was honestly smiling the whole day and felt very content tired at the end of the day. When I got back to the hostel I had another awesome talk with the guy I was supposed to go biking with (Yannick from Gabon) before crashing into bed.

No comments: