Custom Search
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
I am a graduate of the Sauder School of Business at UBC. Upon entering this program, I had no clue what I wanted to do beyond completing it with flying colours. Four and a half years, one marketing specialization, one student exchange to Mexico, and three co-op terms later, I have come no closer to figuring it all out. Although I am a realist in knowing that business and money make the world go round, I am an equal idealist in loathing everything about that notion. So it is at this crossroad of life known as post-secondary graduation where I stand uncertainly poised to fight the banal and predictable life-path of a commerce graduate.

Friday, June 5, 2009

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cockroach

Some important facts:

Disadvantages:

"Thus, cockroaches can exhibit emergent behavior,[8] in which group or swarm behavior emerges from a simple set of individual interactions."

"A cockroach can survive complete decapitation for up to several weeks before dying of starvation or dehydration"

Advantages/Defense mechanisms:

"Cockroaches are mainly nocturnal and will run away when exposed to light" (Will carry a flashlight at all times during the night)

"Aside from the famous hissing noise, some cockroaches (including a species in Florida) will make a chirping noise.[citation needed]" (Early detection system)

Some of the earliest writings about cockroaches encouraged their use as medicine. Pedanius Dioscorides (1st century), Kamal al-Din al-Damiri and Abu Hanifa ad-Dainuri (9th century) all offered medicines that either suggest grinding them up with oil or boiling them. The list of ailments to be treated included earaches, open wounds and "gynecological disorders."[citation needed] (for my next throat infection)

Mini cockroach education initiated on account of one in my shower this morning...the size of my baby finger.

No comments: