Custom Search
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
I am a graduate of the Sauder School of Business at UBC. Upon entering this program, I had no clue what I wanted to do beyond completing it with flying colours. Four and a half years, one marketing specialization, one student exchange to Mexico, and three co-op terms later, I have come no closer to figuring it all out. Although I am a realist in knowing that business and money make the world go round, I am an equal idealist in loathing everything about that notion. So it is at this crossroad of life known as post-secondary graduation where I stand uncertainly poised to fight the banal and predictable life-path of a commerce graduate.

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Just because it's a straight line on a map doesn't mean it's flat

With the end of the full moon (almost), my werewolfish features seem to have faded. And after a bit of digging, I think I have found the culprit. An innocent and inviting looking Sinapore Sling. As most of you know, if I even look at a pineapple, or if it looks at me for that matter, I'm done in the worst possible way. It took awhile to kick in since I had had it the night before, but the pineapple juice meant business once it got to all my important organs. The kicker?? I was literally explaining my Mexican hospitalization incident (foodpoisoning by pineapple) to Mark as I sat drinking it. No joke. High five to me once again!!!

Anyways, the majority of it was out of my system when I woke up so I went for an early run to the Bath University. I picked out a circuit that seemed simple enough until I realized that Widcombe Hill Rd. was aptly named. THE longest vertical climb ever! West Vancouver taught me well but I was swearing under my breath the whole way up. Upshot? Fantastic views of the city. It's a shame I never bring my camera on my runs.

Then it was off to Bath proper. I tracked down an adapter - BOOYA - and booked a bus and hostel for Liverpool tomorrow. I went over to the Roman Baths later on and took in the splendour and history of it via Bill Bryson's taped audio guide. To be honest, Bill Bryson was half the attraction. Love his books! However, I have to say, not what I was expecting. No wit or classic Bill Bryson humour. Luckily, the history and eery warmth of the baths managed to make up for it a bit. Went down to the water after that for a ponder with a big cup of Italian icecream - cureall for all of life's troubles.

Time to go back to the hostel for a pint I think (Yes I hate beer but when in Rome...)

No comments: