Custom Search
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
I am a graduate of the Sauder School of Business at UBC. Upon entering this program, I had no clue what I wanted to do beyond completing it with flying colours. Four and a half years, one marketing specialization, one student exchange to Mexico, and three co-op terms later, I have come no closer to figuring it all out. Although I am a realist in knowing that business and money make the world go round, I am an equal idealist in loathing everything about that notion. So it is at this crossroad of life known as post-secondary graduation where I stand uncertainly poised to fight the banal and predictable life-path of a commerce graduate.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Returning to my homeland...one agonizing bit at a time

Okay I have to catch up a bit here. So quickly, Liverpool=awesome, went to National Gallery after my run and then Cavern club (Beatle's main venue) for live music and beers. Next day, Amazing race to Edinburgh!

So I took the bus from Liverpool to Edinburgh instead of the train. It was half price... but also twice as long. Flip side? I can now say I've been in Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, etc, etc. It was basically one big long milk run. The best part? There was a massive accident on the first leg of the trip that meant we were stopped on the highway for over an hour. I missed all my connecting buses and by the time I got to Newcastle, it seemed like the entire National express (bus company) team was on a mission to get me to Edinburgh (I was the only one stupid enough to try and get that far on the bus system). I felt like a celebrity:) They ended up putting me on a super fast train for free and it was GORGEOUS! views of the ocean were amazing. I got to my hostel around 9PM and met an awesome Aussie couple. However, after discovering feces (sorry everyone) on the floor of the bathroom I decided to shift over to another hostel.

I'll catch you up later. Off to Roslin for a daytrip.

No comments: