Custom Search
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
I am a graduate of the Sauder School of Business at UBC. Upon entering this program, I had no clue what I wanted to do beyond completing it with flying colours. Four and a half years, one marketing specialization, one student exchange to Mexico, and three co-op terms later, I have come no closer to figuring it all out. Although I am a realist in knowing that business and money make the world go round, I am an equal idealist in loathing everything about that notion. So it is at this crossroad of life known as post-secondary graduation where I stand uncertainly poised to fight the banal and predictable life-path of a commerce graduate.

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Catch up!!!

Okay let's get you up to speed since it's been a few days.

1. First day in Edinburgh, museum of Scotland and Edinburgh castle. Former was a two thumbs down because the history of Scotland is so all over the place that it was impossible to piece it together in a coherent and ordered way:( Latter was good, but made better with a hot chocolate and whiskey to fend off the bitter cold. Have I mentioned that yet??? I'm freezing my tushy off over here!...purple hands 24/7 to prove it.

2. Next day, changed hostels and went to Roslin to see Rossalyn Chapel and go for a wee run in Roslin Glen Park. It was gorgeous rolling hills with little remnants of castle everythere:D Little side story, I lost some money in the middle of my run (like to carry that and my passport around just in case). So I got to the end and realized it was missing:O What was a girl to do? Cheapy that I was, I went through the entire trail again searching through bushes...yep probably 10k of bushes. Amazingly the hard work paid off though, and after debating whether to go into the chapel, I decided to grab some wine and a cookie to reward my determination instead:D Money makes the world go round folks...or it buys Annie her wine and cookies that make her world go round:) Back at the hostel, did some laundry and met some Aussie boys who seemed worthy of a few drinks. Everyone in this hostel is great actually. Best stay yet:)

3. Next day, hangover...made worse by constant bagpiping around the city:P My camera also decided to die (all I have is the video function left) and I realized that I'm spending a little bit more than I had budgeted for so far. So tough morning but then headed out to Musselborough for a bit of a mission. Dad, you'll be happy to know that checked out the Brunton Theatre and it's totally finished and basically the main building in that town. John Brunton apparently left the money to build it in his will since he was the wealthy son of another Brunton who owned the Wireworks in that town. I then decided to check out the town cemetary and found this massive Brunton monument...I wrote down all the details and will fill you in when I get back. For everyone else, my Dad backpacked through a bit of Europe about 40 years ago when this building was being built...and therefore told me it was the one thing worth seeing on my travels;) Very cool Dad, very cool. Came back to the hostel for a bit of a party for one of the girl's birthday and then got to bed early for a big Highland tour the next day...

Break!

No comments: